Thursday, March 17, 2016

Halfway baby!

It's been a while!  We've been busy and I feel like I haven't had much to say.  But I am 22 weeks now which is over halfway through this pregnancy :)  I can't believe how fast (and slow) it's going.  It's starting to get real that it's time to actually start preparing for this to happen.  This picture is from 21 weeks, but I haven't had a chance to get  to this post until now.



First of all, I lost my camera.  I have a feeling it went into "Elliott put it somewhere, possibly like the trash can and it went out with the trash" land.  I have searched everywhere high and low, looking in all the spots I thought a child could possibly have put something or just been playing with it and dropped it.  It's nowhere to be found.  I have found the boy's water cups both in the trash can before.  So it's not unlikely, I didn't even notice I didn't know where it was for about a week though, which is why I think there's a better than average chance.  I don't really feel like finding a new one right now, so Nate is going to take the pictures with his phone.  Which is why this picture isn't "20 weeks" because I was in denial that the camera wasn't just going to show up at some point.  I'm not in denial anymore, but have moved on to some stage of grief, after which I will decide if I'm going to hunt down another ebay replacement!

Second, I broke my toe.  I broke it because about a week ago, I got a huge burst of energy!!! Yay for energy :)  I don't even think I realized just how much I didn't have until I did have it again!  I wanted to clean everything, stay on top of all that needed to be done.  For example, not leaving messy diapers to stack up and taking care of them pretty much right away.  That's what I was doing when I hurried around the corner and wedged my toes in between the corner of the couch.  I have spent the last week going back and forth between being able to walk just fine, and limping.  It's getting old.  My desire to have energy is still around so that's a good thing.  I just can't move as fast and evenly as I want to and that's starting to get frustrating.

But, in more positive news..... my appointments have been going well.  My blood pressure is at a beautiful record low.  Which is fantastic and a relief considering I admit to losing control of what I've been eating lately.  Between cold yucky weather off an on, being injured, and then the handbell festival last weekend... it's been more fast food than I want to fess up to and drinking less water than I should.  But I'm still trying to keep it healthy when I can.  I braved experimenting with tofu for the first time last night.  I made homemade general tso sauce, with rice and broccoli.  I didn't expect the boys to touch it.  But they both ate everything I offered them!  So things are still better than they ever were in either of my other pregnancies!

This baby is quiet.... except when he's not!  I don't feel too much most of the time.  I have to have been sitting still for quite some time before I feel anything.  The last two times, I pretty much was feeling this or that all day and mostly nothing in the night.  I learned I have an anterior placenta which means that it's attached in the front instead of typically in the back of the uterus.  It shouldn't be a problem at all considering it's already situated high.  If it were low and near they baby's way out that could be a problem, but it's kind of high in front.  So I feel a lot of movement down low and on the left side, only some higher up.  It's really funny watching when he migrates from one side to the other.  Starting off this pregnancy smaller, it's much more of a pronounced feeling and look when he does it!  No hiccups yet that I've noticed, whereas that was a frequent thing by now with both boys.

I was surprised at my last appointment to see I had gained a total of 13 pounds so far!  That's a good thing really.  With Oliver I only gained 11 and Elliott it was only 15.  While I try not to put too much weight into every single thing I read, I did read recently that it could be an indicator of a future problem if you start out at a healthy weight but don't gain at least 10 pounds by 20 weeks, which I definitely hadn't the other two times.  So to have gained 13 by 20 this time could be a good sign that things are moving along more normally! Fingers crossed!  I've been frustrated not to be getting any exercise in lately, but I hope to make it to a free prenatal yoga class at Babies R Us this weekend :)  Gotta start taking a little time to get this mamma ready to get this baby out!  And I walked a ton at the festival this past weekend so I like to tell myself that made up for some of it ;)

Well, that's about it for now I think!  Until next time... <3

p.s.  Special shout out to my mom who has been watching the boys for my appointments, which are kind of only going to become more frequent coming up!  Also, to Jeanne for hauling her car seats out of her van so we could test them in our care before committing to buy to make sure they would fit three across! They do, and we've already got them, Oliver thinks he's excited for a new car seat for "the brothers" and wants to know where the baby's is! And for buying baby his first "new to him" onesies (picture later, they are so cute!)  And lastly to my friend Kim who found out yesterday she is also having a baby boy only 5 weeks behind me (a girl and two boys for her!!)  Thanks for not leaving me alone in the third baby is a boy club lol ;) <3

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts, I do read them and chuckle. So creative!! Glad to be in the boys club with you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Start a blog so we can keep up with your far away family <3

      Delete